Study of Encouragement
A Bible Study of Scriptures that are Encouraging
In this study, verses from the Bible are listed that are encouraging to Christians. Scripture references are given, with the name of the book first, then the chapter, and then the verse number. Look up the verses and read them. You might also want to write down some of the verses, as an aid to remembering them. The Bible contains many chapters and verses that are encouraging, so the verses listed are only a small selection.
Remember that you can download a Bible app to your mobile phone from Youversion.com, and then you can read the Bible when connected to the internet, or when you are offline. Olivetree.com also provides a Bible that can be read offline.
It is important to apply the knowledge we receive from studying the Bible to situations we find ourselves in daily. To assist with this application there are three questions that we can ask as we study Scripture.
● What does it mean?
● What does it mean to me in my situation?
● How am I going to apply it in my life?
Context is important
Every verse you read in the Bible has a context or setting. It is helpful to know this context when thinking about a particular passage of Scripture. To help with this, take time to read the verses that come before and after the verse you are studying. Be aware also of which book of the Bible your verse appears in, and whether that book is in the Old Testament or New Testament.
List of encouraging chapters and verses
- The Lord is always with us.
- God turns even difficult circumstances into good for us.
- Nothing can separate us from the love of God through Jesus.
- We must persevere and we will be rewarded
- David, King of Israel went through many hardships but the Lord was his strength. The Lord looks after us in the same way.
- A psalm of encouragement, showing the love and faithfulness of God towards those who respond to him.
- God is always with us as we carry out his instructions
- When Jesus Christ returns to Earth, those who love him will be resurrected to eternal life.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
- Our bodies will be transformed.
Philippians 3:20 -21
- The peace of God is available to us.
- Jesus faithfully receives those who seek him, and will resurrect them to eternal life when he returns.
“All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day”